CTCCB began working with area high schools in the Fall of 2008 to deliver NCCER craft training to high school students. The students receive NCCER credit, Career & Technology Education (CTE) high school credit, CTCCB credit towards graduation and Del Mar College Adult Continuing Education Credit. Typically, students are transported from their school district to the CTCCB for 2 hours of daily instruction in either Welding or Electrical courses.
Classes are conducted Monday through Friday in the following time blocks:
- 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Note: Evening (ACT) courses are open to high school students in 11th and 12th grades, with written permission from the school district, parents and approval by the CTCCB.
CTCCB -NCCER 2016-2017 Courses Offered
- Pipefitting (10th Grade)
- Instrumentation (10th Grade)
- (Welding I 11th Grade) → (Welding II 12th Grade)
- (Electrical I 11th Grade) → (Electrical II 12th Grade)
- (Plumbing I 11th Grade) → (Plumbing II 12th Grade) Offered only 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Basic Rigging (Only 12th grade students, must be 18 years old by May 1st ) Offered only 10:00 a.m. – 12 noon NCCER Core – Mandatory Foundation Course (Taken in conjunction with craft)
For more information on how your high school works with the Craft Training Center, please contact your High School counselor.